Sunday, November 14, 2010

How do you know if a guy wants to hang out with you? I'm so confused...?

He was the popular football player in high school and i was this dorky, cute little girl. We were actually friends and treated me very nice compared to the other girls. Innocent flirting, always playful, had classes together, etc...I always thought he was soo cute but knew there was never a chance and i was just happy we were friends. Years later when facebook came out, we were in contact again, things were good, friendship still the same but never saw him or was in constant contact. Last year, he suggested we go to drinks and gave me his number (';hey, i can get you that drink anytime...';) but i never called him bc I'm old fashioned and if he really wanted to casually (or not casually) go get a simple drink, he'd ask me direct or call me himself. He tried again and asked what i was doing one weekend but didn't see his facebook msg til 2 wks later (got very busy and caught up w. finals). I texted him and wished him a ';happy bday'; months later blah blah blah



it's been almost a yr since that fiasco and i decided to msg him and see how he's doing. he's graduated now w. a full time job and schedule. He travels on call and is enjoying his life. I'm still cordial w. him but still friendly like old times. He said he lives a few miles down south of where he lives and asked me my plans. I told him was planning on moving out soon but my future is ';up in the air'; as I've tried everything... I left it w. ';well get your booty up here, haven't seen/talked to you in forever, i miss u!'; (casually) and he responded w. more stories of his life, his future plans - his exact plan of when he's wanting to move back near home but in his own place and asked when I was moving out. I replied back and remember saying something silly. The next day (at exactly 9pm) he texted me, ';hey, how is everything'; and asked if i was doing anything that night. I actually had plans and was going to workout and told him and he responded a few mins later saying he was goin out downtown to a bar/club (it would be halfway for us; he lives down south, i live up north) and i told him to have fun and said to have a good workout. It sounds like he was posisbly asking to hang out and I rejected him? but that's not the case. I had plans and didn't want to stop just to see him and he was soo last minute. I realized I was an idiot and that maybe he did want to hang out...so I texted him yesterday asking how that one weekend was. 2 hrs later he texted back it was good and ask how i've been. I responded and asked how he was....I was going to ask to hang out in the next message...but he never responded back. I realized I sounded repeptitive so the next day i was straightforward and asked, ';hey if you're not busy, wanna grab lunch tomorrow?'; He said, ';hey, i can't tomorrow because of work :( what are you up to this weekend?'; So i simply (and shortly) told him my plans and when i'm available and i have yet to hear back from him...THOUGHTS?

(And i'm not expecting any ';romance';, we're definitely friends but he's always gonna be that ';cute guy'; fr hs LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment